George -

I've worked with Anynet quite a bit, configuration can be a bit complicated,
but the results are worth it!

First, BIND sense code X'10030000' = Function not supported. This is
probably due to the "MPTN connection request rejected" you saw on the other
system.  I'm not sure why this is being classified as an MPTN request, but
that may fix itself.

Second, if possible get the "Local network ID" to match on both systems.  I
prefer using APPN, but you should be able to use NEX also if there is an
overwhelming reason to do so (i.e. someone who previously set up your
network SNA services(perhaps on a mainframe) with a different NetID.)

You need to create a remote config list (QAPPNRMT) as follows:
          Remote              Remote    Control
Remote    Network   Local     Control   Point
Location  ID        Location  Point     Net ID
Sysname1  APPN      Sysname2  TCPIP     APPN

Reverse Sysname1 and Sysname2 on the other system.

Next create an Anynet controller desc on both systems.  CRTCTLAPPC
CTLD(anthing but the system name) LINKTYPE(*ANYNW) RMTCPNAME(TCPIP)
NODETYPE(*LENNODE) AUTOCRTDEV(*ALL) TEXT('AnyNet CTLD')

Finally, set up host table entries to Sysname.APPN.SNA.IBM.COM on both
systems.  Once you can telnet(both ways) to Sysname.APPN.SNA.IBM.COM you
should be able to STRPASTHR also.

This is all I remember off of the top of my head, but it should get you
pretty close if not all the way there.

Scott Ingvaldson
AS/400 System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group