Haven't ever done this, but, from Application Display
Programming manual:

Chapter 12. Waiting for Input from a Display File, an
ICF File, and a Data Queue

You can use data queues for a program that waits for
data on a display file, an ICF file, and a data queue at
the same time (in any combination). When you specify
the DTAQ parameter for the following commands:

Ÿ Create Display File (CRTDSPF) command
Ÿ Change Display File (CHGDSPF) command
Ÿ Override with Display File (OVRDSPF) command
Ÿ Create ICF File (CRTICFF) command
Ÿ Change ICF File (CHGICFF) command
Ÿ Override ICF File (OVRICFF) command

you can indicate a data queue that will have entries
placed on it when any of the following occurs:

Ÿ An enabled command key or Enter key is pressed from an
invited display station.
Ÿ Data becomes available from an invited ICF session.
By using the IBM-supplied QSNDDTAQ program, jobs running
on the system can also place entries on the same data
queue as the one specified in the DTAQ parameter.

An application program uses the IBM-supplied QRCVDTAQ
program to receive each entry placed on the data queue
and then processes the entry based on whether it was
placed there by a display file, by an ICF file, or by
the QSNDDTAQ program. For a display file, the
application then issues a read or read-from-invited
devices operation to receive the data. For more
information on the QRCVDTAQ function and syntax, and
examples of waiting on one or more files and a data
queue, refer to the CL Programming book.

The display file and ICF file entry that is put on the
data queue is 80 characters long and contains the field
attributes described in Table 12-1. Therefore, the data
queue that is specified using the commands listed above
must have a length of at least 80 characters.

Entries placed on the data queue by jobs using QSNDDTAQ
are defined by the user.