On Fri, 31 May 2002 Mike.Barton@pinkroccade.co.uk wrote:

> As I understand it, I need to initially send the Content Type e.g.
> then on the next line something like:
> Set-Cookie: Lastvisit=20020530161359; path=/; domain=wellboro; expires=Friday,
> 31-May-02 12:00:00 GMT;
> where LastVisit=whatever is my variable data and this line is followed by at
> least 2 blank lines
> before the rest of my html data.

Nope.  You should send this:

Set-Cookie: Lastvisit=20020530161359; path=/; domain=wellboro;
expires=Friday, 31-May-02 12:00:00 GMT;

That first line (that begins "Set-Cookie") should all be one line.  The
next line (that begins "Content-type") is on the line immediately
following the Set-Cookie line.  The Content-type line is followed by 2
blank lines.  Then you begin your html stuff.

> Then when I do a CGIGetEnv('HTTP_COOKIE')   it should return them in a string.
>
> I never get anything returned.

Your cookies aren't being set.

> If anyone has some snipets of working code I would be v. gratefull.

I do, but it's all in C.  If you want it let me know.

James Rich
james@eaerich.com