From: "Frank W. Kany IV" <frank.kany@burr-reid.org>
To: <rpg400-l-request@midrange.com>; <midrange-l@midrange.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 8:57 AM
Subject: PC to AS/400 FTP

Thank you all for your suggestions about writing exit programs for exit
points using examples from books such as "Cool title about the AS/400 and
the internet" and "Who knew you could do that with RPGIV".

However, after a week of working on this, I am still have difficulties in
successfully implementing these exit programs.  I have pasted some of the
messages I get when I try to FTP into our AS/400.  I have also pasted the CL
program I found somewhere that I use to validate server logon.

I'd like to add that the problem with being rejected from logging on and
sometimes even refused connection happens with all the exit programs I write
not just this 1 little CL program.  I duplicated every exit program that has
been put in front of me and when I implement them my connection is refused
or log on is rejected.

I created the program in my library. Ran the command "WRKREGINF".  Selected
"QIBM_QTMF_SVR_LOGON" with an option "8".  Added exit program "FTPLOGON"
from my library.  I wait a few minutes.  Go to MS-DOS and below is the
result:
=========================
C:\WINDOWS>ftp 192.168.XXX.XX
Connected to 192.168.XXX.XX.
220-QTCP at 192.168.XXX.XX.
220 Connection will close if idle more than 5 minutes.
User (192.168.XXX.XX:(none)): frank
331 Enter password.
Password:
530 Log on attempt by user FRANK rejected.
Login failed.
ftp> quit
221 QUIT subcommand received.
===============================

Source for the CL exit program:
PGM        PARM(&APPIDIN &USRIN &USRLENIN &AUTIN +
             &AUTLENIN &IPADDRIN &IPLENIN &RETCDOUT +
             &USRPRFOUT &PASSWDOUT &CURLIBOUT)

DCL        VAR(&APPIDIN)       TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
DCL        VAR(&USRIN)            TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(999)
DCL        VAR(&USRLENIN)    TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
DCL        VAR(&AUTIN)           TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(999)
DCL        VAR(&AUTLENIN)   TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
DCL        VAR(&IPADDRIN)    TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(15)
DCL        VAR(&IPLENIN)        TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
DCL        VAR(&RETCDOUT)  TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
DCL        VAR(&USRPRFOUT)  TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
DCL        VAR(&PASSWDOUT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
DCL        VAR(&CURLIBOUT)   TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
DCL        VAR(&APPID)               TYPE(*DEC) LEN(1 0)
DCL        VAR(&USRLEN)           TYPE(*DEC) LEN(5 0)
DCL        VAR(&AUTLEN)          TYPE(*DEC) LEN(5 0)
DCL        VAR(&IPLEN)               TYPE(*DEC) LEN(5 0)

CHGVAR     VAR(&APPID)       VALUE(%BINARY(&APPIDIN))
CHGVAR     VAR(&USRLEN)   VALUE(%BINARY(&USRLENIN))
CHGVAR     VAR(&AUTLEN)  VALUE(%BINARY(&AUTLENIN))
CHGVAR     VAR(&IPLEN)       VALUE(%BINARY(&IPLENIN))

CHGVAR     VAR(&RETCDOUT) VALUE('1')

IF         COND(%SST(&USRIN 1 7) = 'FRANK36') +
             THEN(CHGVAR VAR(&RETCDOUT) VALUE('0'))

RETURN

ENDPGM

What I am missing or doing wrong?