Spring has Sprung!  It's time to shrug off those Winter Cabin fever
blues !

ACMUG 2002 is just around the corner. Block you calendars now for the
most exciting, most informative, and most rewarding ACMUG conference
yet! Stop what you are doing, go to your on-line calendar, or your palm
pilot or your hardcopy calendar and block out June 13 – 14th right
now, before something else hits your desk or your phone rings, before
you dot another " I" Bob Crachet!

If you have ever attended the conference before, you know that it's an
event not to be missed. If you've never been to a conference, now's
your chance to meet your peers across many industries, to learn about
issues, concerns and how they are resolved elsewhere, learn of new
technologies and how they can save you & your company time & money!
It's an event chock full of fun & information that will help you meet
& beat many challenges!

This year the ACMUG conference is being held in Halifax so there are
some things that need to be attended to in order to have a Great &
rewarding time.

1)      If you are traveling and planning to stay overnight in
Halifax, then you will need to book your room. ACMUG has reserved 50
rooms at the Lord Nelson Hotel on Spring Garden Road, however there is
a deadline of April 30 to reserve these rooms. So do this now by
calling the Hotel at 902-423-6311.

2)      Next you have to register for the conference. This can be done
by  visiting our web site at http://www.acmug.org/spring2002.htp

3)      There is a pre conference training session featuring the IBM
eServer iSeries : "How to cut your costs" & " Logical Partitioning
with iSeries". If this is of interest to you then call Louanne
Corriveau at IBM 416-383-3473 to reserve a seat. Additional
information on the courses can be obtained by visiting the web site
http://www.acmug.org/spring2002.htm. Remember though to book extra
nights at the hotel if you are travelling and planning on attending
the pre conference sessions.

4)      Cost is always a factor so to ease your minds and pocket
books, the ACMUG registration fees are only $220 / person for the 2
day conference, and dinner with a guest speaker. Or if you are just
planning on going to the dinner or bringing a guest to the dinner it
is only $60 / person. A better bargain cannot be found anywhere!

So, in order to tease you with a sample of the fare at the Spring
ACMUG conference we have the following being lined up for your
approval & entertainment!

iSeries :  Pentasafe, SunGuard and Disaster Recovery, eCommerce
solutions, LANSA: Internet enablement with iSeries & High Availability
with Data Mirror

pSeries : pSeries trends & directions, Enterprise storage, LINUX: Real
world solutions for today, Oracle and the pseries advantage, Citrix,
Tivoli Storage manager & BRMS, Java vs Microsoft's .NET

As usual, we will have a special guest speaker during the dinner on
the 14th. He is David Steuwe , the CEO of the Worker's Compensation
Board of Nova Scotia. David is a successful Atlantic Canadian business
leader who has undertaken several trend setting and award winning
projects to redefine business processes through technology, with IBM
iSeries as a foundation. David has led some groundbreaking initiatives
forming B2B partnerships and using Web technology to refine processes
and improve performance measures. Many other WCB's across Canada are
looking to his model for their approach to these issues. David is an
energetic and engaging speaker, who is keenly aware of the role of
technology in transforming both private and public industry. This is
not to be missed!

Did I mention PUB CRAWL?  For those of you who are interested,
Thursday June 13th, in the evening, there will be a first ever "ACMUG
PUB CRAWL".  Join your fellow conference attendees as you stroll
through historic downtown Halifax, walking , perhaps crawling but
always enjoying a night on the town!

Have you ever been to sea Billy? No but I've been to Halifax.  For
those of you who haven't been to Halifax, let me give you a taste of
Nova Scotia's Capital city. Halifax cleverly blends the past with the
present to produce a skyline dotted with elegant 18th & 19th century
architecture alongside ultra modern towers of glass & steel. The heart
of Halifax is perfect for exploring on foot , with tree lined streets,
international restaurants, galleries, libraries and museums. Inviting
sidewalk cafes beckon you to while away a few hours amid park like ,
waterfront and historic settings in the busy downtown, with the
backdrop of the Halifax harbour , one of the best deepwater, ice free
ports in the world.

Any Questions?   Call Kevin Meyers at 902-495-2702 or email
kevin.myers@xwave.com  or Lynn Morrison at 902-495-2722 or email
lynn.morrison@xwave.com.

This communication (including all attachments) is intended solely for
the
use of the person or persons to whom it is addressed and should be
treated
as a confidential xwave communication. If you are not the intended
recipient, any use, distribution, printing, or copying of this email
is
strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please
immediately delete it from your system and notify the originator. Your
cooperation is appreciated.