Oops... want to do this via FTP remote. We have java all set up.

-----Original Message-----
From: Syd Nicholson [mailto:sydnic@ccs400.com]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 4:16 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: FTP remote commands

You need the Java virtual machine installed on your NT machine. You can
download this for free from Sun's Java web site, www.sun.com/java - and
follow the links.

I also suggest you investigate the Java supplied with the AS/400. The
corresponding JVM should be present, and ready for download on your AS/400.

To start a Java program you use -  java 'program name'    This is a simple
example, you may find you need to specify additional parameters depending
upon your set up.

The Java virtual machine (JVM) must be able to find the program specified.
You will need to ensure that the path environment variable contains the
directory containing the java program.

There are several other ways you can set this up - eg. deliver you java app
as an applet to a web browser. I recommend you read the documenation and
help on Sun's web site. Hopefully, this will get you started.

Syd Nicholson