From: Mike.Collins@syan.co.uk [mailto:Mike.Collins@syan.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 1:37 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: SQL (Count/Distinct Groups) Question

Now that goes to show you learn something new every day!

                      "Walden H.
                      Leverich"                 To:
"'midrange-l@midrange.com'" <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                      <WaldenL@TechSoftI        cc:
                      nc.com>                   Subject:  RE: SQL
(Count/Distinct Groups) Question
                      Sent by:
                      midrange-l-admin@m
                      idrange.com

                      09/05/2002 18:19
                      Please respond to
                      midrange-l

This is one of the few times you don't use a * in count(). Try

Select count(Distinct VHIDTE)
 from plpvh
 where VHDIVN = '500'

-Walden