On 05/09/2002 at 12:50 PM Steve Richter wrote:

> I advanced search on SNDPGMMSG ...

> When I deselect all and then select "CL and APIs" the SNDPGMMSG command
> description document is not found.
>
> When I select all, the SNDPGMMSG command description document is the
first
> search result shown.
>
> How do I know the advanced search category that a resulting document
belongs
> to ?
>
> Why does "advanced search, select all categories" return a different
search
> result then "basic search" ?
>
> This returns me to my original question: how does info center search
decide
> to order its search results ?  And why dont you give more weight to hits
in
> the title of a document ?

Turns out there was a problem with the way topics  were filtered when using
the advanced search.  The
problem has been identified and corrected.

As to your question on how results are ordered, I've requested more
information from the team that owns the underlying
search engine.  When I get that information, I will post it here.

Regards,  Jerry Barry

DDR/004-2E101  8/553-3666  (507)-253-3666
IBM iSeries User Technologies T/CEM

http://www.ibm.com/eserver/iseries/infocenter
http://www.ibm.com/eserver/iseries/oper_nav/welcome.htm

"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion it has been
accomplished" -- George Bernard Shaw