I haven't *intentionally* enabled SSL, in fact I've tried to very
carefully avoid going there. (I did try to read all the documentation I
could find concerning SSL within the Management Central Server.  There's
PTFs specific to that scenario, I saw them when I waded through the
README with the Client Access Express servicepack SI02795;  it looked
like more than I was ready to attack at that time, and couldn't ever
find a good solid recommendation to do it.  Since it seemed to be
optional, I opted not to do it.)  This all seemed to be aggravated by
the V5R1 upgrade, which also necessitated a rebuild of my Operations
Navigator and most of the Management Central piece got replaced.  The
new kid on the block was the "Extreme Service Personalized" method and
getting the latest & greatest Universal Connection Wizard.  It truly
would not surprise me to find that one of the connected pieces there is
the culprit;  LOTS of fine print in the associated doc for that and the
ink seemed to be still wet.  One place for sure said that a requirement
was 5722-JV1 with options 3, 4 or 5 installed;  not knowing any better,
I just installed option 5.  When I tested the connection, I got an error
message that said "Option 3 was missing".  Well, gee!  What a &*$$#@!
surprise!

In the back of my mind, I am getting this nagging feeling that maybe it
isn't so optional after all, maybe one of the miscellaneous and fleeting
TCP/TFTP/TMFTP under-the-covers inter-server messages/tasks is trying to
deliver something and assumes SSL is available?  (That'd be a bug;  I
know it is truly bugging our shop.)

The client in question is TCPIP4VSE from Connectivity Systems, Inc.
running on our VSE system.  We FTP 20-30 files from that platform on a
nightly basis, and a couple of times a month (it's turning out to be
more like a week with V5R1) the FTP job stops-- usually after it is well
into the transmission.

Message: 6