Install and activate the Incoming Remote Command feature of CAE or CA. Then
you can use RUNRMTCMD on the 400 to execute programs on the PC.

Go to this site
<http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/7ade72d9c8a535be8625662c0055d418/$searchForm?SearchView>,
put runrmtcmd in the search field, and press ENTER. Lots of articles.