Take a look at CHGFTPA on your system and see what the value is. It's
*HOMEDIR on our machine, so it points to an IFS folder, therefore NAMEFMT
has to be 1. Not knowing this, when I tried to CD to a file using the
library naming format, it failed.

If NAMEFMT is 0 (library style) and you CD /, it will change to NAMEFMT 1
automatically.

BTW, you cannot change to NAMEFMT 0 if your current directory is in the IFS
(not SQYS.LIB)