When you start the machine back up, start in Manual mode, so your
subsystems do NOT start automatically!

Then review message queue QSYSOPR and DSPLOG QHST for the time around
the crash.  You're looking for the entries added as the machine came
back up and wrote the job logs for the jobs that were running at the
time of the crash.

Spool jobs can be ignored (unless you need to restart a print job at
page 2,463 out of 5000 or something).

Interactive jobs should be left to the users to remember where they
were (next time-- at the moment of the crash, make sure all users put
a bookmark in the stack of paper they're working with so they know
where they left off!).

Application recovery is usually the source of the most headaches.

Was Invoicing running?  Were you printing Payroll checks?  Were you
transmitting a file to a remote location, or up/downloading to a PC?
How do you restart these jobs?  Only your application programmers can
tell you what state the files are in!

Best wishes!

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@ix.netcom.nospam.com