You have been assimilated.  Resistance is futile.

You could fight this battle, but what may come next is that they want the
ability to create a central help desk.  And then they will be using
software to access your PC's to assist the users.  Then, they will audit
your software to see if you are in compliance, etc.

But if you insist on fighting this battle until the very day they kick
your a$$ out the door you can put a firewall between you and them.  That
firewall would restrict FTP from one address, or a range of addresses on
their end to only your 400 address.  Then with the appropriate exit points
you can secure what operations, and where, they can access data on your
400.  This is what we do for our customers.

For exit point security:
http://faq.midrange.com/data/cache/198.html

Benjamin Franklin

"Mark A. Manske" <mmanske@minter-weisman.com>