Directeur services techniques
Cascades Inc
819 363 5187

>>> aparkhouse@attbi.com 04/16/02 02:28pm >>>
Denis,

Check the 'Operations Console Setup V5R1' manual.  Depending on your
iSeries hardware, you may require a parallel port instead of a serial
port for your remote control panel cable.  See quote from manual
below:

<start quote>
If you are connecting the remote control panel cable to iSeries Models
270, 820, 830, or 840, you need an available parallel port (LPT)
instead
of a COM port. The parallel port must be configured to use Enhanced
Parallel Port (EPP) support which may require the PC's Basic
Input/Output Services (BIOS) to change. The level of EPP support has
be 1.9 compliant. Check with your PC manufacturer for any assistance,
if
needed. Due to the way EPP support is being implemented to support the
remote control panel, there may be PCs that will not support the use
of
this function. Even some 1.9 compliant PCs may still not support the
remote control panel.
<end quote>

The manual is available through the Info Center at System Planning and
Installation/Hardware and Software/Manuals/Operations Console Setup.

Memory, processor, and OS requirements are presented for non-LAN
consoles in chapter 7.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse