Man - tough spot to be in.
Have you gone back to the vendor and stated that this security process is just
plain unacceptable. Even if this was the absolute best software in the world,
many financial institutions (well at least the one I work for) would simply
refuse this if the vendor was not willing to change security aspect.

>>> "Hatzenbeler, Tim" <thatzenbeler@clinitech.net> 04/12/02 06:33PM >>>
The problems stems from this,  We use an accouting/purchasing/financial
package supported by a vendor, and they only use one authority list for
every user of the package, and that authority list is used for all libraries
of their application...  So a person in purchasing has the same authority as
some one in payroll, when it comes to object authority, the authority is all
handled in the application, but as we all know, when we use an odbc driver
we are outside of that authority checking...  Changing the authority list
within the application is out, because all the systems tie together...  So I
was looking at solving the problem a different way...  And that is,  if your
making a request via odbc, ftp, ddm... change the profile to a profile that
does not have a the libraries we would like to keep out of excel or crystal
reports.

But as for your response... I do see your point and agree with it...

tim