Bob

This what I like to hear. I knew that OS/400 and AIX weren't far apart
and IBM had plans to merge them. It makes sense to use Java and the
X-server capabilities. If what you say is true, then IBM are already
most of the way there. I hope they complete the job and add a video,
keyboard and mouse port to the machine, with graphics capability for a
single display native to the box.

If they do this the entire box can be maintained using a reliable
console without the need for an external PC.

I am familiar with AT&T's VNC. I use it to gain graphic access to a
client's Linux box that I support from my office. All it needs on the
server is TCP and a port to use. If I get time I might try running the
VNC server in PASE and see if can connect to it from a PC. Could be an
interesting experiment.

Syd