Well Vernon, I guess you're just "special" ;-)

I have tried this on both our Production and Test boxes.
They're both a V5R1 but at different CUM levels (Test
box is the most current - latest CUM).

Think I'll wait till the Systems Programmer comes back
on Monday so I can get the CUM levels for both machines
and then will give IBM tech support a call.

This is really strange. BTW my grep syntax is identical
to yours - as would be expected.

Terry