Trouble is, after you run INZTAP it places the two tape marks to signify
end of tape.  On S/3 (& 360/370) there was a tape utility called Ditto
that could get around those by allowing you to position anywhere on the
tape.
There are several Data Recovery services that can recover data from tapes
like this, or you could call the FBI and say you think there was some info
regarding Osama's whereabouts on the tape, but you accidentally
initialized it, and they will recover all the data for you !  ;-)

...Neil

"Andy Nolen-Parkhouse" <aparkhouse@attbi.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
2002/04/02 10:31