run RTVDSKINF as a bench mark - rename QAEZDISK in QUSRSYS, then run
RTVDSKINF at a later time/day.  Query both files, or print the disk info
reports against both to see where your growth is.  If it's in temporary
space, an IPL will recover it, as you discovered, although it _SHOULD_ come
back when a job no longer needs it or ends.  If you have the time you could
find the culprit job(s) that is/are eating up temporary space by a process
of elimination.  End jobs one by one till you see a lot of temp space come
back.  If so, that job is the one.

If it's in internal system objects, create a data area in QUSRSYS named
QEZDMPINTL TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1).  It's intended for IBM to see what type of
internal objects are using the space.  If you poke around in the QAEZDISK
file you might see that info your self.

Anyway, the difference between the two RTVDSKINF runs should tell you where
your space is going.

(Don't leave the QEZDMPINTL data area there - it makes your RTVDSKINF run
longer & generate a LOT of data.)

HTH

Alex