I don't foresee the 16meg segment limit changing soon. That'd be a
gargantuan task, and on the iSeries, we lowly HLL developers never need to
worry about Storage Management requests.

OTOH, teraspace uses full 8-byte pointers, not the system and space
pointers of single-level store. The potential exists, surely, for larger
structures. It seems like teraspace is another abstraction layer over the
existing storage management scheme.

But then, I'm not privy to those plans.