The problem with the exit point is that it is a before.  It was designed as
a security measure.  For example if you process the event it will be like
the following
Client:  May I send you this file?
Server:  Yes.  Let me post the data.  Done.  Ok, now start sending.
Client:  Sending data
Done.

See you're posting the data prior to receipt.  There are a few tricks
around this.
1)  Submit a job from the exit point.  Put a delay in this job sufficient
enough to wait until the data is received.  Or do other things like a small
delay and then an existence and lock check.
2)  Have the user send you two files.  Trigger your process off of the
second file.

Our partners do the remote command.  Except for one.  He was running AIX
and claimed that he could not get the QUOTE RCMD to work.  We used the
dummy second file with them.

Benjamin Franklin

                    "alan shore"
                    <SHOREA@dime.com>         To:     <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Fax to:
                    drange.com                Subject:     Re: system event
trigger whenever a source file member is
                                               updated

                    03/13/2002 10:47 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l