Did you check this with
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/support/planning/nav.html
The items of yours I saw at that web site were not under the section "The
following hardware products or features that were previously supported on
iSeries-AS/400 systems will not be supported on V5R1"  but instead were
under "Although the following I/O features are supported on V5R1, they may
experience performance limitations".  Rather vague.  Is this why you are
polling the list?

Benjamin Franklin

                    "Dare @ Work"
                    <oludare                  To:     <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Fax to:
                    drange.com                Subject:     Need Advice on V5R1
upgrade

                    03/08/2002 11:08 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

Hi guys,

I am on OS400 V4R5M0, AS/400 510-2144 1Gig memory and 173.1Gig DASD.

I have the following hardware on my system that may not be supported at
V5R1M0.  My question is how significant is my problem if I don't replace
this DEVICES before OS upgrade?  Any input or first hand knowledge will be
greatly appreciated:

        COMMUNICATION RESOURCES
Resource     Type     Status             Text
CMB02         9162     Operational       Combined function IOP
  LIN01         2612      Operational      Comm Adapter
     LIN062    2612      Operational       V.24 Port Enhanced
  LIN14         2612      Operational       Comm Adapter
     CMN11   2612      Operational       V.24 Port Enhanced
CC04           2623      Operational       Comm Processor
  LIN06         2613     Operational        Comm Adapter
     LIN091    2613     Operational         V.35 Port
  LIN08         2613     Operational         Comm Adapter
     LIN092    2613     Operational         V.35 Port
  LIN09         2612     Operational         Comm Adapter
     LIN071    2612     Operational         V.24 Port Enhanced
CC05           2626     Not detected       Comm Processor
CC06           2619     Operational         Combined function IOP
  LIN10         2619     Operational         LAN Adapter
     LIN031    2619     Operational         Token-Ring Port
  LIN13         605A    Operational         Virtual Controller
CC07           2619     Operational         Combined function IOP
  LIN11         2619     Operational         LAN Adapter
     LIN021    2619     Operational         Token-Ring Port
  LIN12         605A     Operational         Virtual Controller

                Local Work Station Resources
Resource     Type     Status             Text
CC06             2619     Operational         Combined function IOP
  CTL10         6055     Operational         Virtual Controller
CC07             2619     Operational         Combined function IOP
  CTL11         6055     Operational         Virtual Controller
WS03            6050     Operational         Work Station Processor
  CTL02         6050     Operational         Work Station Controller

                Storage Resources
Resource     Type         Status             Text
SI02             6512-001    Operational     Storage Controller
    DC04         6607-074   Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC05         6607-074   Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC06         6607-070   Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC07         6607-070   Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC27         6713-072   Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC28         6713-072   Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC29         6713-072   Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC30         6713-072   Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC31         6713-072   Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC32         6713-072   Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC33         6713-072   Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC34         6713-072   Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC08         6607-074   Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC09         6607-074   Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC10         6607-070   Operational     Disk Storage Controller
SI03             6501-001     Operational     Storage Controller
    TAPLIB01   3590-B11   Operational     Tape Library
SI05             2621-001     Operational     Storage Controller
    DC12         9348-001    Operational     Tape Controller
SI06             6501-001     Operational     Storage Controller
    DC19         9337-592    Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC20         9337-592    Operational     Disk Storage Controller
SI07             6501-001     Operational     Storage Controller
    DC22         9337-592    Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC25         9337-592    Operational     Disk Storage Controller
SI08             6501-001     Operational     Storage Controller
    DC23         9337-592     Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC26         9337-592     Operational     Disk Storage Controller
SI09             6501-001     Operational     Storage Controller
    DC21         9337-592     Operational     Disk Storage Controller
    DC24         9337-592     Operational     Disk Storage Controller