 :) That much I had assumed, without really knowing if I was right or not, but
 :thanks for giving me proof.  Is there anyway to; #1 find which PC is giving me
 :the message, #2 stop the message from happening?  The problem is that, again I
 :am new at this and not sure, but I think we are all TCP/IP no TRN.

Another message I get on the same line is CPF8B19;
Message . . . . :   Token-ring error logging level on line TRNLINE not
  changed.
Cause . . . . . :   A request to change the level of logging token-ring errors
  to level OFF failed for line TRNLINE.
Recovery  . . . :   Try the Change Line Description (Token-Ring Network)
  command (CHGLINTRN) again to change the error logging level.
Technical description . . . . . . . . :   The token-ring error monitor has not
  accepted the token-ring error logging change request.  The token-ring
  network manager is informed by a ring error monitor (REM) error report.

When I do a CHGLINTRN I find that the logging level (TRNLOGLVL) is already set
to *OFF.  These messages are filling up the QSYSOPR message queue and making it
difficult to work with other messages.
Again thanks for the help.
  Neil Palmer <neilp@dpslink.com> wrote: Yes, it means an adapter has inserted
or left the ring, or in simpler
terms - someone's PC connected to or disconnected from the ring.

...Neil

Meyers QSYSOPR
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
2002/03/05 18:02