I had the same problem when I was getting my HTTPAPI to work with SSL.
I fixed it by:

      WRKLNK '/QIBM/UserData/ICSS/Cert/Server/*'

and then I changed the DEFAULT.KDB and DEFAULT.RDB to be *RX.
I think I made sure all of the directories below them were *RX
as well.

The only differences between what I'm saying, and what you're saying
that I can see is that I changed the authority for *PUBLIC, not just
a single user, and I changed the files to *RX instead of *R.

Not sure why that would make a diff, though.

I assume you checked to make sure the app was registered to the same
certificate store that you checked the authorities on?