But I didn't order that separately.  It got applied on our system the last
time we applied the cums and the group ptf's for: hiper, database,
save/restore, etc...

So if you keep up on cum's and the group ptf's available at:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.NSF/GroupPTFs?OpenView&view=GroupPTFs
not a problem?

Benjamin Franklin

                    barsa@barsaconsulti
                    ng.com                    To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Fax to:
                    drange.com                Subject:     Re: V5R1 - Still
problems?

                    02/21/2002 11:36 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

If you have a twin-ax console (of course, no one does, everybody prefers
OPs Console:-)))))  ) , and are on V5R1, and don't have MF27580 loaded on
your  system prior to your last SAVSYS, your SAVSYS is absolutely
worthless.

OK, to be fair to IBM, it's not worthless, you just can't restore OS/400
from it, you can restore your LIC.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                    rob@dekko.com
                    Sent by:                  To:
midrange-l@midrange.com
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       cc:
                    drange.com                Subject:     Re: V5R1 - Still
problems?

                    02/21/02 09:58 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

My number of PMR's has dropped off drastically.  And most of the ones I did
open recently were resolved by other means than opening up an APAR or
downloading a ptf.

Benjamin Franklin

                    Jeff Crosby
                    ods.com>                  cc:
                    Sent by:                  Fax to:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     V5R1 - Still
problems?
                    drange.com

                    02/21/2002 07:52 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

Forgive me if I've been pulling a Rip Van Winkle, but I was under the
impression that V5R1 has become fairly stable to load.

But on another list there have been some posts implying otherwise,
without specifics.  And IBM extending support for V4R5 until December is
interesting . . .

So what is the current scoop on V5R1?

--
-Jeff

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
the opinion of my company.  Unless I say so.