Microcode updates for 6717 (10K RPM 8.58GB) and 6718 (10K RPM 17.54GB)
disks:
V5R1 - MF27704
V4R5 - MF27703
V4R4 - MF27702
V4R3 - MF27705

Disk compression users could get SRC 6718-7050 preventing IPL:
V5R1 - MF27696
V4R5 - MF27699

Ensure the following critical DASD PTFs are on your machines
The following PTFs are recommended for DASD (Direct Access Storage Device)
issues and should be installed as soon as possible, to incorporate new
DASD licensed internal code and to prevent system outages. Not all of
these are HIPER PTFs but due to the serviceability enhancements provided
should be installed. The lists below normally contain PTFs that are not on
any cume (cumulative PTF) packages.
When ordering these PTFs you should select the option to include
prerequisites or co-requisites when downloading, as these are required to
apply the PTF. Numbers in brackets are the cume level which that PTF is
included. Numbers with no bracket are not included in any cume. Where a
supercede is identified, it is recommended to be the PTF ordered.

DASD PTFS FOR V5R1M0
PTF #
PTF Information
MF27706
Changes to support downloading of new code for 67xx DASD.
MF27696
Fixes for SRC 67xx 7050 on IPL with Compressed Disks.
MF27541 (2036)
Fixes for errors starting Parity from SST.
MF27527 (2036)
Fixes for False SRC 671x 7001 and Code Update for DASD 6717, 6718. 6719.
MF27488 (2036)
Serviceability Updates for 6717, 6718, 6719.

DASD PTFS FOR V4R5M0
PTF #
PTF Information
MF27710
Changes to support downloading of new code for 67xx DASD
MF27699
Fixes for SRC 67xx 7050 on IPL with Compressed Disks
MF27540
Fixes for errors starting Parity from SST
MF27526
Fixes for False SRC 671x 7001 and Code update for DASD 6717, 6718, 6719
MF27487
Serviceability Updates for 6717, 6718, 6719

DASD PTFS FOR V4R4M0
PTF #
PTF Information
MF27063
Coreq MF22270 (9163) and MF26365.
Concurrent maintenance fixes and SRC 67xx FFF4.
MF26365
Coreq MF25702 and MF25473.
FIXPACK which has serviceability enhancements to ALL new DASD.
Fixes for SRC xxxx 8140.
MF26546
Fixes for SRC 67xx FFFE caused by CD ROM on same bus.

DASD PTFS FOR V4R3M0
PTF #
PTF Information
MF26893
Fixes for SRC 67xx FFFE caused by CD ROM on same bus.
MF26364
Coreq MF25701.
Fixpack which has Serviceability enhancements to all New DASD.
Fixes for SRC xxxx 8140.
MF25398
Coreq MF25399.
Code Updates for DASD 6607, 6713 and 6714.
Fixes for Damaged Objects.

On V5R1, SAVSECDTA can take a long time:
Intentional extra Au check had unforseen performance

impacts.  We are changing this code to not be so much of a

performance hit.  The changes should have positive performance

consequences on applications that do sequential authoirty

lookups, like the MATAUOBJ Mi instruction.

Apply MF27558

...Neil