This is absolutely crazy, but it might work - I haven't done it.

Create another physical file with the floating point fields instead of
zoned, same field names.

After FTP, CPYFRMIMPF to this intermedary file.

CPYF FMTOPT(*MAP) to final destination.

--
Vern Hamberg

Would you like to see a challenging little arithmetic puzzle
that might get you or your kids or grandkids more interested
in math? Go to <http://cgi.wff-n-proof.com/MSQ-Ind/I-1E.htm>

Sillygism--

Something is better than nothing.
Nothing is better than a ham sandwich.
Ergo
Something is better than a ham sandwich.