All the methods to convert to/from CRLF <-> LF are great, but AFAIK
unnecessary.  Just use FTP from the unix machine to send the file as-is to
the as400.  Nothing could be easier.  Forget all about LF/CRLF and just
send the file to the box.  Last time I did this all was well.  And as an
added bonus you don't need no stinkin' PC in the middle to screw things
up.

James Rich
james@eaerich.com