http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/SLKBase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/e3dc97d7f1aeaf348625685f005c6263?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,ifs,authority

The above document has very helpful information as to how the IFS deals
with authority.

-------------------------
 Bryan Dietz
3X Corporation

                      "Shea, David"
                      <DShea@arctools.co        To:
"'midrange-l@midrange.com'" <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                      m>                        cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  IFS - CPYTOSTMF user
w/authority to directory don't get aut to fi
                      midrange-l-admin@m         les
                      idrange.com

                      02/12/2002 07:43
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      midrange-l

I'm playing with HTTP server.  I have a directory \home\dave\html with one
file in it - welcome.html.  Currently, user profiles QTMHHTTP and QTMHHTP1
have *RWX data authorities and *ALL object authority.  This is so the HTTP
server will be able to chew on these files.

I then do a CPYTOSTMF to put a new html source file in the directory.  Only
user profile DAVE (my current signon) gets any authorities to this file.
Not QTMHHTTP nor QTMHHTP1.  So, I can't pull up the file using the http
server.  I need to do a CHGAUT on the file before HTTP server can chew on
it.

If I map a drive to \home\dave and create a new file from within Windows,
the new file adopts the authorities of the parent directory.

This seems like a pain in the ... neck.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is
there a way to get new files in the IFS created by CPYTOSTMF to adopt the
authority of the parent directory?   Or, do I have to specifically do a
CHGAUT on every file in the IFS directory?

Thanks, all...

Go... FASTER!  Without an upgrade!  With ARCTOOLS/400(tm)
http://www.arctools.com
info@arctools.com
DCSoftware, Inc.
Ph: (508) 435-8243