Jay,

Activity level is released when the job ends ... I'm 99.44% sure of that
... most of those server jobs don't end ... they go into long waits instead.

As John Carr said in his post ... there are a lot of interrelated variables
that have to be considered ...

The main points are:
   - what goals are you trying to accomplish?
   - what is the specific situation on your server?

Pete Hall's situation (cutting all timeslices in 1/10) might have been OK
for a few jobs that misbehaved with a lot of "short code path" jobs (or
else he didn't have a lot of contention for memory) ... every situation is
different ... those that have one stock answer for tuning a '400 end up
missing the point!!!

BTW:  The Orbb.org database must have scanned us just after our V5R1 update
... the anti-mail-relay mechanism seems to have changed from V4R5.  The
relay has since been closed (as per orbz.org) !

John