Buck & Jim,

The QDBRTVFD API will give you what you need but it is likely that it
is
overkill. I would look at QUSLMBR and QUSRMBRD, which are simpler.
I plan to provide support for all three of these APIs to the
iSeries-toolkit
(http://iseries-toolkit.sourceforge.net) real soon. Off the top of my
head
I remember that the List Member API deals with list items differently
than
most of the other list APIs.

David Morris

>>> Buck.Calabro@commsoft.net 02/07/02 07:44AM >>>
Jim wondered:
>> Where is information about files
>> and members in a library stored.
>> Info such as data/time saved?
>> Is this a system table that can
>> be read by a CL or RPG program?

Bill replied:
>The date and time saved can be gotten
>by using DSPOBJD command (DSPOBJD
>*all/*all *FILE) to an output file and
>then selecting the particular file
>attribute you want.
>There is also a file named QSYS/QADBXREF

Do be careful about using the system cross reference files QADBxxx.
These
are physical implementations of the more generic SQL catalogue files
SYSTABLES, SYSROWS, etc.  You can see them all in QSYS2.

Also, it may be a good time to start working with the system APIs.  One
that
may apply to your situation is QDBRTFVD.  The documentation for that
can be
seen here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/html/as400/v5r1/ic2924/info/apis/qdbrtvfd

.htm or
http://makeashorterlink.com/?H4F32136

If you're not immediately comfortable looking at this documentation,
you're
not alone.  Many others have felt the same way.  APIs are _the_ way to
access system level information, so there's a lot of value to be gained
from
learning how to use them.  The home page for all documentation is the
Info
centre at http://www.iseries.ibm.com/infocenter  Take some time to
follow
the links on the left side, here you are probably interested in
Programming,
CL and APIs.

The save date/time can be found with the QUSROBJD API.  An example of
that
API is in the iSeries-toolkit at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/iseries-toolkit/.  Look for RTVOBJD.

  --buck