Suggested adjustments to this text

>  Keep to the subject.  The topic of the list is Midrange Systems. I think
>  we can generally agree that the S/34, S/36, S/38, & AS/400 are IBM's
>  Midrange Computer Family.  Discussion of PC topics as they relate to
>  Midrange Systems (ie. Emulation, connectivity, PC Support, etc) is fine.
>  The same applies to Mainframe discussion.

I suggest adding a sentence to above paragraph that discusion of OTHER PC
topics belongs in the non-tech list or in PC lists outside of midrange dot
com.

< snip >

You might add a sentence that we all appreciate the posts & suggestions that
people make ... it is not neccessary to be thanking every post.  However, if
some suggestion does in fact solve some participant problem, we would
appreciate being told so that the thread can end.

< snip >

> Users groups representatives: Please do not post meeting announcements.
>  Relatively few people will find your local meeting announcement of any
>  interest.

Suggest adding a sentence or two to this reminding user group promoters that
there is a place on midrange dot com to have your group listed & possibly
also include a plug for Don in DC's www.eserverusergroup.org

< snip >

>  By posting to this mailing list, you are granting MIDRANGE dot COM and
>  David Gibbs (david@midrange.com) non-exclusive, unlimited, rights to
>  republish the contents.
>
>  This list IS copyrighted as a compilation.  Republication of this mailing
>  list, for anything other than personal use, without the explicit permission
>  of the list owner is a violation of U.S.  Copyright Law and will be dealt
>  with as such.
>
>  Collecting or "Mining" of email address from this forum, or any related
>  web archive, is strictly and explicitly prohibited (not to mention that
>  it is extraordinarily unprofessional).
>
>  Violation of the above guidelines will be determined by the moderator
>  and will result either a) The offending party will be forced to make
>  major modifications to a 10 year old, matching records, RPG II program
>  that uses every available indicator or b) permanent disconnection from
>  the conference (you decide which is worse).

I suggest the addition of a sentence somewhere in the above stuff.
Journalists who wish to use material found in MIDRANGE-L
they need to get the permission of BOTH the list owner
and the individuals who posted the material

< snip >

BPCS 405 CD Manager / Programmer @ Global Wire Technologies Incorporated
http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com = new name same quality wire
engineering company: fax # 812-424-6838