From: Chris Whisonant [mailto:chris.whisonant@comporium.com]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 7:19 AM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: V5R1 (why upgrade?)

>It seems that we have no business reason to upgrade out box to V5R1,
>everything is just working dandy with V4R4, so am in no rush to have my
>system slow down because of the new OS ( am running a 9406 S20 38G DASD) .

Do you have a dedicated backup machine? Is this am "important" business
machine? In the event of a crash or natural disaster or any other disaster,
you would not be able to order new hardware that will run V4R4 - just ask Al
Barsa.

BTW, Al Barsa, I was at your Common session in October and we are supposed
to upgrade from V4R4 to V5R1 on our production box (720) in a couple of
weeks. We just upgraded our backup machine last week without a hitch. I wish
we had not taken this long, but at least we had a dedicated backup/failover
machine.

Chris