Andy,

That looks like my problem but with the weird naming convention that the
system uses to name the object, my only clue to which one to delete is
probably by Last Used Date.  I did print a PRTSQLINF over the package I need
to delete but that just shows the queries that were run & I see no new
indexes are needed.  I will use the DLTSQLPKG (same in V4R5)  tomorrow when
I can get the people out of the app.  I will review all the packages created
on the system & will delete most of them.  Most were created & never used -
Days Used Count = 0 so I'm not sure who was doing what.  I see Crystal
Reports created one & another VB app we have has a couple test ones, so
clean up is in order  I only have 16 on the system so it will not be a
daunting task to clean them up.  I have a DSPOBJD *FULL of all the packages
& I also will do the PRTSQLINF just to look at them before I clean up my
system.

Again, thanks Andy.  This is something I had no clue about & a very good
reason for lurking in the multiple e-mail lists there are out there.

Thanks - Dennis.

Dennis Munro

"I love deadlines.  I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they
go flying by."  Dilbert's Words Of Wisdom:

Badger Mining Corporation
www.badgerminingcorp.com
dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com
(920) 361-2388

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Nolen-Parkhouse [mailto:aparkhouse@mediaone.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 2:10 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: CA Express data truncation error

Dennis,

Under some circumstances OS/400 SQL support will create a SQL Package
which predefines the specific ODBC request so that it doesn't need to be
built on every execution.  If you're changing one end or the other of
that ODBC request, it may be necessary to locate and delete the object.
Then it can be recreated by the system with the new specifications.
Check for objects on your system of a type *SQLPKG.  There is a
DLTSQLPKG command but I don't know at V4R5.

HTH,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse

> V4R5M0  -  1 cum/group ptf's behind  -  W2K  w/SP2 p/c
>
> I am getting the following error when we increased the field size from
30
> to
> 50 character for a 400 table that has a VB front end program.  The
> application has other files that I can write data to but by changing
the
> field size of this one table, it aborts.
> at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.

_______________________________________________
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list
To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
visit: http://lists.midrange.com/cgi-bin/listinfo/midrange-l
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@midrange.com
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.


As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...


Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.