I you had CA on one computer, you could set that computer up to share the
folders that are needed to be shared.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Klement [mailto:klemscot@klements.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 12:01 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Map a drive WITHOUT C.A.?

Errr...  you could use something else that's similar to Client Access,
like getting Rumba from NetManage, Inc.  But... if your goal is to make
it work without special PC software, I don't think that's possible at

In modern versions of OS/400 you could do this with NetServer... but not
at V3R2.

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Dan Bale wrote:
> Is it possible to map a drive to a shared folder without using Client
> Access?  This is for a Win98SE box.  The 400 is at V3R2.
> Thanks,
> Dan Bale

This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list
To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
visit: http://lists.midrange.com/cgi-bin/listinfo/midrange-l
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@midrange.com
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.