Even if you can restore windows, its probably worth re-installing
everything just so that it works properly; Windows seems to like this (i.e.
being reinstalled) somewhere between every 3 and 6 months anyway in my
experience :)

I like the idea of using Ghost to build a CD for a base install for
recovery/rebuild and then saving the data directory myself....

Regards
Evan Harris