Yes you can load this.  Yes it is a chargeable.  Some piddly amount like
$100 - no tier.  Just some royalty that IBM has to pay the other group.

Resource
   ID     Option  Feature  Description
5722SS1   33       5111    OS/400 - Portable App Solutions Environment

It forget if they give you the media and then you have to ask for the key
or if they don't give you the media until the check clears.  If the first
case, you could do all your development in under 70 days.

Benjamin Franklin

                    Jim Langston
                    <jlangston@celsinc.       To:
"'midrange-l@midrange.com'" <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                    com>                      cc:
                    Sent by:                  Fax to:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     C++ support in
V5R1M0?
                    drange.com

                    01/15/2002 12:32 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

I had remembered that we had C now, and wrote a quick Hello World program
in
C and
tried to compile, it complained I needed QSYSINC library, so I created the
library, compiled
successfully and ran.  Very good.

Then I changed the type to CPP to see if I have C++, I went to compiled and
it is complained:
Message . . . . :   System support for OS/400 Portable Application
Solutions

  Environment not installed.

Cause . . . . . :   An attempt was made to run an OS/400 PASE program when

  system support needed to run the program is not installed. Recovery  . .
.
:
    Install OS/400 option 33 and then try the request again.

Do I have this or is this a pay more add on?  I'd like to know before I
start searching the CDs
for this option.

Thanks,

Jim Langston