Bob:
I think we have discussed the 6035 before.  I used to get about 3 days of
life on mine, not bad for what it does.  I got roughly 1/2 that with the
i300, I guess the color screen zaps too much power.  However I was able to
get some "extended batteries" for the i300 and now it lasts 2.5-3 days.
Very acceptable since I have 2 ex batteries and 2 std.

I have seen the Treo (Handspring).  It does look cool, but it is only GSM
right now.  I am sold on CDMA and do like Sprint and their network.  Since I
spent over $1500 bucks on smart phones and accessories in 2001, I think I am
going to sit out the next round.  I will wait for Sprint to roll out it's 3G
network and have always on high speed access for data (384K to eventually
2M).

I do agree, the smart phone is the BEST tool you can have if you do support.
I used to carry a cell phone, pager, Palm Pilot and laptop..... now I can
travel with ONLY my Smart phone and have everything I need in one small
package.  Dick Tracy would be envious.  Most night's I do not bring my
laptop home anymore.  I check my email on the phone and can connect to the
400s.  I WOULD NOT want to program on it thought.  Too slow and too
small.... or maybe I am just TOO old.

cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
550 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 800
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@ediconsulting.com
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation
http://www.icecreamovernight.com
Premium Ice Cream Brands shipped Overnight
FREE AS/400 Timesharing Service -
http://www.ediconsulting.com/timeshare.html
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know" - rw

Carl,

Have you seen the Handspring Treo yet?  That looks VERY cool.  Flip
Phone form factor, color and a keyboard if you want it (or palm
graphiti).  Looks to be very small.

BTW, you say the i300 has worse battery life than the Kyocera?  Hard to
believe...the Kyocera is not exactly awesome on battery life either.

But these palm/cell phones are awesome for anybody who is On Call.  Or
even just needs remote access to email (what I use it for).

Bob