On Tue, 08 January 2002, "Adam Lang" wrote:

> So, out of a brainstorm session, I decided the best solution was to have the
> quote program spit out the quote print to a unique outqueue.  I would have a
> VB program that theperson can open to view that specific outqueue, select
> the job he wants, save it to his desktop and then he can email it off to the
> broker.

This is _almost_ possible with no programming at all if Client Access is
installed. Given all the clues, it should be possible for a VB programmer to
make it nice and neat.

I create a directory c:\splfs to hold printed output and a Windows generic
printer that prints to a file. I create a shortcut to lstsplf.exe from my
Client Access directory and put the shortcut in the \splfs directory. (There
are a few .exe objects that are handy in the Client Access directory.) I change
the shortcut properties Target: to add " /system MYAS400" without quotes after
"...lstsplf.exe".

Now I can click on the shortcut and get a list of my spoolfiles on the MYAS400
system. I can change the <Options> to only include a specific outq. From the
list, I can view spoolfiles and then print them to my Windows printer needing
only to specify a file name such as "c:\splf\myoutput.txt".

Obviously it's all possible. Just needs some PC-side expertise to put it all
together. Certainly a drag/drop capability would be nice.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.