Paul,

Please, don't go back to internal definitions. As Robin said, you should be able
to override the ALIAS in the print file.
Also, as Robin said, this is the way it has always worked. But in the past, we
never bothered defining an ALIAS for a field unless our application was using
Cobol (since RPG only allowed six character field names it wasn't even using the
full ten allowed in DDS, so why bother with ALIAS).

The difference now is SQL. When you create a file with SQL the Column Name is
the Alias and the Internal Field Name is the Field name we would define in DDS.

SQL is getting there but it still has a little way to go - maybe with V5R2 :-)

Paul Tuohy