Scott,  If I remember correctly you need to have the following three
things in order to get the whole suite of WDS.
1) Software sucscription
2) current license of ADTS
3) at least one compiler

If you are already on v4r5 and want the WDS suite just order a refresh of
5769-WDS

Here is the main web site for WDS: -->
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400/

I believe there is some more info in the announcement letter.
http://www.ibmlink.ibm.com/usalets&parms=H_201-117

<snip>
V4 Upgrade

Customers who have a V4 license to one or more of these products
(5769-CB1, 5769-CL3, 5769-CX2, 5769-CX5, 5769-PW1, 5769-RG1) are entitled
to a no additional charge upgrade to 5769-WDS, if they have a current
software subscription contract. Customers purchase iSeries software
subscription at the server level. The above V4 AS/400 or iSeries licensed
programs are licensed to run on only one machine at a time. Although there
multiple upgrade paths to 5769-WDS, customers are only entitled to one
upgrade to 5769-WDS per server with software subscription and having a
license for one or more of the V4 products listed above. Once a customer
upgrades from one of these V4 products to 5769-WDS, they are no longer
licensed to the individual V4 products listed above.

All customers who acquire 5769-WDS (via an initial purchase or an upgrade)
will receive a Proof of Entitlement (PoE). Customers who purchased V4
products listed above under IPLA terms also received a PoE for the
products which they purchased. In an upgrade transaction, the new PoE
fully replaces the old PoE. Therefore, customers who upgrade to 5769-WDS
must destroy the V4 PoE for each product which is listed above.

V4 customers who have a license to one of the individual products, which
are now a part of 5769-WDS, who do not want to acquire the new package,
and are doing a hardware upgrade that results in a higher processor group,
can continue to do a processor group upgrade for the individual products.
V4 customers also have the option of upgrading to the new package (if they
have one or more of the V4 products listed above and a current software
subscription contract) and do a processor group upgrade for the entire
package (5769-WDS).

</snip>

WebSphere Development Studio is free?!  Is this new?  What does WebSphere
have to do with RPG or C?

I'd heard that all the various compilers were included in V5R1, but not
V4R5.  And in any case, you still had to pay for them, they just all came
as part of one package.

If I can get them for free, please tell me how!