Oh...  I took it wrong then, Leif...

Good question, Tom, which I think Jim (Franz and Baker, both ;-) answered
well...

But Yeah...  I think Jill's got her work cut out for herself...!  I'm
getting a lot of good info here, from both Jim and Jill, and from Andrew
Borts last week...  Given time, the facts will emerge, and I'm sure it will
result in a lot of good for the iSeries Community.

But I'm still confused about pricing...  That model that Andrew Bortz
originally posted was VERY well loaded, but only cost $7K...?  I don't like
to look a gift horse in the mouth, but...

I've heard this iNation offer is very similar to PID-turned-PartnerWorld's
offer.  IIRC, that was purchase at 50%, or lease at 1% per month, for four
years...  This model for $7K doesn't look like it'd retail for $14K.

Here's what I'm looking for...  That same model that Andrew showed for $7K
PLUS:

HARDWARE:

more arms! (smaller drives, if needed)
more disk - raided
more IOP
===> And anything else needed for *LPAR* (multiple if possible)
more memory
Either IXS or at least an IXA
4583 16GB 1/4-Inch Cartridge Tape
4746    PCI Twinaxial Workstation IOA
4801  PCI Crypto Coprocessor

SOFTWARE (please omit if already included):

Sametime
===> PASE
5722-XW1 iSeries Client Access Family (probably already included)
5722-QU1 Query for iSeries
5722-ST1 DB2 Query Manager and SQL Development Kit for iSeries
5722-AC3 Crypto Access Provider 128-bit (?  Is 128-bit for use in EMEA...?)
5733-SM2 IBM SW Subscription 2 Yr Prepay

That's the "only" additions I can think of, off the top of my head...;-)

Now the hard part is pinning down the numbers:  How much would something
like THAT run...?  (My preference is for free...;-)  But anything through
the iNation would be a great deal...!

One thing I have never seen mentioned, but seems like it would really help
consultants...  A discount on PartnerWorld...  (My understanding is that PWD
grew out of PID, from the iSeries Division, maybe that would cost-justify
the thing...)  If consultants have time (meaning billing is down), even the
small fees might be hard to come by...  Same with education.

Thank you ALL, for the info.

jt