Mark,

>In a previous life, I used V4R5 of CA Express to communicate with
>Worldship, but there was a specific PTF (which I do not remember
><sorry>) that had to be applied.  What kind of problem are yu having?

Orignally, the first problem was a "Data Truncation" which got narrowed down to
two of the charge amount fields.  Making the fields absurdly big on the 400 did
not help.  At one point is seemed like it helped to export those fields to
character fields of at least 32 bytes, then parse the edited amount which
appeared in the fields.

But which field(s) seemed to cause "Data Truncation" or "Error in assignment"
constantly shifts, and then reverting an export map to a set of fields which
previously worked will not work again.

Basically the problem is inconsistent results, even redefining the same exxport
map, and either "Data Truncation" or "Error in assignment".

UPS is on-site now and trying to isolate it, so I'll see what they come up
with...

Was the PTF you referred to applied on the AS/400, or do you mean a specific
service pack level was needed for CA Express?

Doug