I recently took the 000-066 certification exam, and I thought that

You have 1.0 processor in a v5r1 primary partition, .9 in a Linux
secondary partition, and .1 in a v5r1 secondary - what's the minimum CPW
to handle it? (I had no earthly idea)

You have 2 NT Domino servers, an IBM HTTP Server (Apache), and OS/400 v5r1
- what's the best way to consolidate in the fewest steps?
        - set up partitions for each
        - set them all up in 1 partition, share a single IP address but
individualize the ports

You have a v3r2 system and want to get to v5r1 - what's the best way?
        - buy a system with v5r1 already on it and migrate your libraries
        - buy a v4r5 system, migrate your libraries then side-by-side
migrate it to v5r1

There were lots of LPAR questions.  Some involved how you can divvy up the
processors, max partitions you can have, what O/S can be in the partition.
 Be sure and read the LPAR redbooks (SG243249, SG246209 for example)
        - what is the minimum processor increment for a Linux partition?
        - can you partition a 270 DSD?

Some TCP / networking type of questions:
        - what TCP functions need to be running for iSeries to function as
an email server (FTP, POP3, SMTP, HTTP) ?
        - if an iSeries is a web server, what are some types of
destructive behavior that can happen (viruses, DOS attacks, etc)?
        - you have 2 iSeries in 2 different subnets, how do you set things
up so that traffic to one must go thru the second?
        - know how to set up DHCP and DNS on the iSeries.  Do you do it
using Ops Navigator, or CFGTCP?

Some stuff about virtual LANs that still has me wondering what they're
asking about.

Lots of alphabet soup questions: HSL, SPD/PCI, IOA, IOP

There were lots of questions about migrating this or that FC to a
migration tower, an expansion tower, or to a system unit; migrating from
7xx to 270, migrating to 8xx.  Those _really_ nailed me (very nasty).

A few asked for the least-cost alternative to migrating this or that, if
even possible.  Having never priced a single piece of hardware, or done
even one configuration, I found those very tough.

A couple of Operations Navigator questions, a couple of WebSphere
questions, some SST and DST questions.

Some PM/400 questions:
        - how do you analyze a customers system performance if they don't
have PM/400?

Know the process/sequence of installing HIPERs and CUMs after an upgrade

What's the most important thing to considering when Webfacing an
application?
        - ensure that there's enough interactive to handle the load
        - plenty of disks, and disk arms
        - plenty of memory
        - lots of MHz on the processor
        - something about JSP and JavaBeans

Know what you can about the 3570 MP Magstar and 3590 tape subsystems.

Tom Hightower
Solutions, Inc
http://www.simas.com