Tom,

Don't worry about it...

They've already collected their money...

When VA/Linux (LNUX) IPOd, ESR became worth $43M, overnight.  Saw his post
justifying it, but thought it was lame...  JMHO...  Also saw a guy post that
he just invested his entire retirement (something like $135K, 500 shares at
$277).  Now anyone that invests all their retirement in one stock deserves
what they get, I s'pose.  But they're also likely to hold on to the thing,
until it turns back around, unfortunately.  (Today LNUX closed at $2.49...)
I will have gained immeasurable respect for ESR, if he held on to all 15,000
shares he was given.  (I've never tracked Officer inside-trade states on
LNUX...  But I'm skeptical, however.)

Linus may not have made out quite that well.  But how much of his salary at
Transmeta (producers of the Crusoe *CPU*), is due to his fame in the Linux
world?!?  Hard to estimate, precisely...

Again, Tom, you pay nothing, directly.  (Although IBM just donated $40M
worth of software to the OSS community...  That money COULD have gone
elsewhere...)

jt