From: jt <jt@ee.net>

> should be able to throw a dozen of the oldest processors they can make, and
> get some spectacular price/performance, AFAIK, if they took advantage of
> this more.

you don't get it: "spectacular price/performance" is good for the customer,
but is bad for IBM, so why would IBM do that? If IBM wants to sell
performance
they push the pSeries (to wit a full-size add in the WSJ a few days ago).

the AS/400 is only for existing (captive) customers and here the game is
to wrong as many dollars out of those as possible.

This thread ...