I use a little Java program in VAJ:

        long t1 = 0x000171C770E5F16FL;
        long t2 = 0x000171CBA50E84A6L;
        int sec = 45;

        long ts = t2 - t1;
        int MHz = (int) ((ts)/(sec * 1000000));

        System.out.println("Ticks = " + ts + ", seconds = " + sec + ", MHz = " +
MHz);

For your numbers, I get:

        Ticks = 18054943543, seconds = 45, MHz = 401

Joe

P.S. I have a model 270, but I'm pretty sure my processor feature is 2250.
Where did you get the "22A2" value from?  I can't find it on any of IBM's
spec sheets.  I use the following URL tom compare the various features and
prices, but there's no model 270 feature 22A2:

http://www.iseries.ibm.com/servlet/factFind