From: thomas@inorbit.com [mailto:thomas@inorbit.com]
Sent: December 26, 2001 06:04 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Condition Handlers and CL

On Tue, 25 December 2001, "Carsten Flensburg" wrote:

> You could use the QMHSNDSM (Send scope message) API - it'll let you
register
> a program to run at job end (or call stack entry end or TFRJOB).

This is a cool API that gets little attention. Two uses I've seen for it are
for cleanup, especially for a job that abends, and for restarts of jobs you
always want running -- the scope program simply resubmits the job which then
sends a new scope message. (Of course, that last bit takes some planning for
when you really want it to end.)

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta