I'd agree that 5.1 is cool, but I'd point out that as of 5.1 (changing in
5.2?!??!!) you need a DEDICATED lan card to use LanConsole. Dedicated means
dedicated, for ever and all time (at least until 5.2).

As for PTFs via the internet, I assume you're talking about setting your
as/400 up to communicate with IBM via a lan connection
(Lan->router->OC48->Router->IBM). It's a really cool concept with a MAJOR
problem. IBM used IPSEC/L2TP to make the connection so you must either:

1) Have your AS/400 directly on the net
Or
2) Have one of only a handful of routers that IBM knows how to work with
that can do L2TP multihop so you can tunnel the tunnel.

Either option, IMHO, stinks. They need some SIMPLE NAT-transparent method to
make the new support options useful.

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President