Dan,

This is a classic CL programming problem.  Once you hit
end-of-file in CL (CPF0864), the file cannot be repositioned
within that occurrence of  the program.

I'm sure you'll here of a number of solutions, but the one that I
found works the best is to do a TFRCTL (Transfer Control) command
after your CL program reaches CPF0864.  A Transfer Control will
start a new occurrence of the program (and end the old
occurrence)  and allow the file to be reread at start.

In your particular case, you might also get by with repositioning
the file (with either a POSBDF or a OVRDBF) after each read (but
before the EOF CPF message is issued).  This will work as long as
there is always only one record in the file.

hth

jte

--
John Earl